County Pest Control, Emmaus, PA (Lehigh Valley), offers powerful, safe and effective bed bug treatments that eliminates bed bugs from mattresses, box springs and anywhere else that bed bugs live and breed. We work quickly with as little disruption to your schedule as possible. Residential and commercial treatments are available.
A County Pest Control technician will inspect your entire home or office, including beds, linens, furniture, floors, and carpets. Our technician will remove any visible bed bugs and then treat the area to remove hidden bed bugs and their eggs.
Signs of Bed Bugs:
- Rusty or reddish stains on bed sheets or mattresses (caused by bed bugs being crushed)
- Tiny dark spots on fabric (bed bug excrement)
- Tiny (about 1mm) eggs and eggshells, and pale yellow skins that bed bug nymphs shed
- Live bed bugs
Bed bugs hide in a variety of places. Around your bed, look for them in the piping, seams, and tag of the mattress and box spring and in cracks in the bed frame and headboard. You may also find them in:
- The seams of chairs and couches
- Between cushions
- The folds of curtains
- Drawer joints
- Electrical receptacles and appliances
- Loose wallpaper and wall hangings
- The junctions of walls and ceilings
Learn more about Bed Bugs with this fact sheet from EPA.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR BED BUG SERVICE
Bed bugs are hard to control. They can hide in many places like beds, closets, furniture, behind pictures and in tiny cracks in the wall. Inspections and treatments must be thorough. We need your cooperation in order to control them.
1) STRIP YOUR BEDS. Remove all sheets, blankets, mattress covers, pillowcases, etc. from your beds and wash them. Fold them and place them in plastic garbage bags. Do not put them back on the bed until the evening after pest control service.
2) REMOVE EVERYTHING FROM BEDROOM AND HALL CLOSETS: Your closets must be empty. Empty all dresser drawers and nightstand drawers. Take everything out of nightstands and other furniture near the beds. Dresser drawers and nightstands must be empty. Remove all clothing, toys, boxes, etc. from bedroom floors. Place items in the living room.
3) WASH ALL CLOTHING, TOWELS, AND OTHER LINENS: This means everything. Place the clean items inside plastic storage bins or plastic garbage bags. Store them in the living room until after treatment.
4) VACUUM: Vacuum floors, furniture, and inside closets, dresser drawers, and bedstands. Also vacuum mattresses and box springs. Dispose of vacuum bag.
5) PROVIDE ACCESS FOR PEST CONTROL TECHNICIAN: Make sure the technician can get into all closets. If possible, move bedroom furniture away from walls so there is a 3 foot space between the furniture and walls.
6) AVOID CONTACT WITH INSECTICIDE UNTIL DRY: Make sure there are no animals or people in the apartment during treatment and for at least 2 hours afterwards.